Saturday, October 24, 2015

Silver Polishing Made Easy!

 
 
I had been storing my silver in drawers of a cabinet my husband made a few years ago.  I cut velvet pieces to line the drawers and put some papers in to keep the silver from tarnishing.  Well, the silver tarnished like crazy!
 
 

I got on Pinterest and found this great way to clean silver fast from Everton Terrace.

Start with a plastic container and line it with foil, shiny side up.  Add several scoops of baking soda (I buy the big bag at Costco).   Add boiling water.  Add tarnished silver.

 
 
 
Use tongs to remove the silver after a couple of minutes. 
 
I kept boiling water and adding it to the container so that I could get all of the silverware done in one shot. 





Rinse well.


Dry well.  
 
 

Put all of the shiny pieces away in the special boxes that silver comes in and you'll be set for the holidays!! 
 
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Pam
 
 
 
I am linking to the following parties:

 


Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home



4 comments:

  1. I've tried this method a couple of times on a few pieces around the house, it works great. I had forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip. I think I'll try it soon, sounds awesome!
    I'm pinning.
    Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam I have a ton of vintage silver and I need to try this trick. It think Im going to make some wind chimes from them but need to get them cleaned up first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all for any way to clean silver easily!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment.